Grow Benzie hosts weekly potlucks on Tuesday evenings throughout the winter -- some nights have topics that are led by an individual and some are panel discussions. This evening, the Benzie Community Water Council will host a panel discussion, featuring local champions in water conservation.
This event is part of the 9th annual Benzie County Water Festival, whose theme this year is: "Pipes." Join us to learn about the connections between water and pipes, including municipalities, fossil fuels (Line 5), and plastic straws.
• Don Brady- environmental engineer for the Michigan DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) Water Resources Division, in the Cadillac District office.
• Kaye LaFond: data journalist for Interlochen Public Radio and Michigan Radio
• Dan Smith - president of the Village of Beulah
• Janey Turner and Ella Larsen - Frankfort Elberta Area Schools students with Interact Club's Plastic Straw Initiative
• Elizabeth Rosan Kirkwood: FLOW for Water
• Moderated by Kelly Thayer, FLOW
Make a night of it; sure to be fun and informative!
There is always plenty of food, if you're not able to bring some to share.
Tuesday, February 12th, 6pm
Everyone of all ages and backgrounds are welcome.
Folks are encouraged to bring a dish to pass, but it is not required. A basket will accept free-will donations toward the Benzie Water Council's fundraising efforts to support local water projects and scholarships.
Grow Benzie Event Center & Kitchen
5885 Frankfort Highway (M-115), Benzonia, 49616
*** 1 mile west of stoplight in Benzonia
*** 5 miles east of Frankfort
*** 20 miles west of Interlochen
*** 30 miles north of Manistee
WEATHER OR NOT?
If Benzie County Central Schools are closed, the event will be cancelled/postponed