Grow Benzie hosts weekly potlucks on Tuesday evenings throughout the winter -- some nights have topics that are led by an individual and some are panel discussions. This evening, the Benzie Community Water Council will host a panel discussion, featuring local champions in water conservation.
This event is part of the 9th annual Benzie County Water Festival, whose theme this year is: "Pipes." Join us to learn about the connections between water and pipes, including municipalities, fossil fuels (Line 5), and plastic straws.
• Don Brady- environmental engineer for the Michigan DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) Water Resources Division, in the Cadillac District office.
• Kaye LaFond: data journalist for Interlochen Public Radio and Michigan Radio
• Dan Smith - president of the Village of Beulah
• Janey Turner and Ella Larsen - Frankfort Elberta Area Schools students with Interact Club's Plastic Straw Initiative
• Elizabeth Rosan Kirkwood: FLOW for Water
• Moderated by Kelly Thayer, FLOW
Make a night of it; sure to be fun and informative!
There is always plenty of food, if you're not able to bring some to share.
Due to weather on 2/12 and again on 3/14, we have to postpone this event. Date TBD.
Everyone of all ages and backgrounds are welcome.
Folks are encouraged to bring a dish to pass, but it is not required. A basket will accept free-will donations toward the Benzie Water Council's fundraising efforts to support local water projects and scholarships.
Grow Benzie Event Center & Kitchen
5885 Frankfort Highway (M-115), Benzonia, 49616
*** 1 mile west of stoplight in Benzonia
*** 5 miles east of Frankfort
*** 20 miles west of Interlochen
*** 30 miles north of Manistee
WEATHER OR NOT?
If Benzie County Central Schools are closed, the event will be cancelled/postponed